PureBS Summary: If you don’t know what to say, talk about the Canada Day celebration!
Every year we have a birthday, this is Canada’s 151st! Check this out, 3 minutes of your life and you have a great story to share at the water cooler!!
Here’s what is happening: Canada is turning 151 Today so here are 10 great facts about this interesting and quirky country.
- Naniamo BC holds bathtub race in honour of the day.
- Wolverine and Superman both created by Canadians.
- Basketball created by a Canadian.
- Most common last name in Canada is Li
- In Banff’s National Park overpasses with trees and shrubs have been built so the animals can cross the road safely.
- Hawaiian Pizza was invented by a man from Ontario, Canada.
- Canada consumes more Mac m’ cheese than any other country in the world.
- Canada has the only walled city (Quebec City) in North America.
- Canada has the worlds longest coastline, it would take roughly 4 1/2 years to walk it without eating, sleeping or resting in any way.
- More donut shops per capita are in Canada than any other country in the world!
Pick a side!
- Canada is basically a vast wasteland filled with igloos, snowballs and hockey players. This list doesn’t prove anything. This country which is like the wild west run by snow and ice eating people travelling in canoes or by toboggan should be a world heritage site for how odd it is…That’s PureBS!!
- Canada is the best! They are a kind and peaceful toque wearing people who apologize even when they do nothing wrong. They talk funny and entertain us all with their unnecessary use of words like pop, chesterfield, caesar, and their water is from a tap (not faucet), and of course finishing every sentence with the word “eh”!
I’ve got you started here:
- What has been your favourite celebration? Have you ever been in Ottawa on Canada Day for the fireworks?